Sunday 12 May 2013

Daily Meditations

Breakthrough Combat Arts has its own blog, how exciting! Keep up to date with all goings on with  Breakthrough right here. I've had a lot of time on my hands today and turned my attention to the class plan for this week. One of my favourite styles is Wing Chun. I love the approach that Wing Chun promotes (straight to the point). I have even had the pleasure of training bits and pieces of it (in fact I trained Ving Tsun if someone more enlightened wished to explain the difference I'd be eternally grateful) so elements of it will feature at The Phoenix Studio this week. Whilst thinking about how best to illustrate the dynamic beauty of the style I started to think about what kind of drills would be most useful to express it. This lead me to have a bit of a Breakthrough moment myself. One of the things I want to let people play with is the bridge or the Bong Sau, so I started thinking about movements that could be used around the bridge for trapping. Lo and behold motions from the very first empty hand form in Lau Gar seemed to be the most logical route to follow. I even found a pretty awesome use for tricky tenth and eleventh movements of Kay Boon Sau Fa! I hope to see plenty people there on Tuesday so together we can reach the ultimate destination, that of understanding!! I'll leave you with a daily meditation something that I plan to do each day (providing I can get on the interweb)

A man is always more than what people say about him.

No comments:

Post a Comment